The Crown Public House dates from circa 1480 and the first recorded documentation shows it purchased in 1847 by a Francis Ling for £150. The 1881 census shows Phillis Ling as a widow living there with her son Frank, an "unemployed barman" (in a pub!).
In 1897 George Ling (the son of Francis) sold the building and land to Youngs Crawshaws Brewery with Mrs Ellen Stannard presumably as the landlady. In 1925 it was sold to Bullards then in 1967 by Watneys to Norwich Breweries. Finally Brent Walker acquired The Crown in 1988 and then it was sold as a freehouse to Jacque and Brian Grice. The Crown was only a beer house until approximately the 1950s or early 1960s when a spirit licence was granted.
The Bedfield Crown is situated in Church Lane, Bedfield IP13 7JJ. Tel: 01728 628751
At this time, the Bedfield Crown is currently CLOSED